Couple Therapy for Depression is an integrative, behaviourally-based couple therapy designed to treat depression in couples where there is also relationship distress.
- reduces damaging interactions between couples,
- builds emotional openness and closeness,
- improves communication and behaviour,
- changes unhelpful cognitions and perceptions, and
- helps the couple cope with the ordinary and not-so ordinary stresses that arise in the course of everyday relating.
We would like to encourage referrals for couple therapy from the local LGBTQ+ community.